Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Diving in with Interactive Notebooks

**I'm still getting the hang of this whole blog thing.  Sorry for any inconveniences.**

This year I am going to require my Geometry students to take advantage of an Interactive Notebook.  I am VERY excited and a bit nervous about this adventure.  I have spent hours searching the internet for resources. 

THANK YOU to the following websites and their authors/contributors!  I learned so much and without your knowledge I wouldn't have known where to begin.







I compiled, printed, and sorted countless resources from various sites. Then, I adapted them to fit my classroom and personality.  Again, THANK YOU!  I feel more confident and comfortable with the idea of Interactive Notebooks.

My goal is to post as many printables, activities, foldables, and ideas as possible.  (My students will be using a college ruled spiral notebook.)

Please visit often and share your thoughts.  I would love any advice you have to offer.  Let the journey begin .....

Explanation of Sides and Cornell Notes
These will be taped into their notebooks.



















Grading Rubric & Notebook Reflections
I am going to print these back-to-back and will be grading after each unit of study.


Self-Evaluation & Peer-Evaluation
I'm going to print these back-to-back and will be use periodically before the end of each unit.



Key Parts to the Interactive Notebook
I really like this as a first lesson.  Print back-to-back.  Try one first to make sure it copied correctly.  Prints two per page.

Cut Solid - Fold Dotted 

My students are going to get tired of me saying the above phrase.  LOL.  This activity was adapted from Math Teacher Wiki which also has a picture of the finished product. 





You can download all documents here.  Thanks for visiting!








Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. This is my attempt with INBs as well. I am back teaching geometry after 8+ years of Algebra I. I look forward to following your progress with INBs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I am a middle school teacher just beginning my journey with INBs. I appreciate your help.

    ReplyDelete