"How long will it take to flood the rink?"
First, I have them write down an estimated time in hours. We talk about how they came up with their estimate and if they need any additional information. They get out their paper and pencil and start brainstorming questions for me.
- What are the dimensions of the rink?
- 36 x 64 feet
- How thick should the ice be?
- at least 4 inches thick
- What long is the garden hose?
- 50 feet
- What is the circumference of the garden hose?
- 3/4 inch
- How many gallons come out of the hose each minute?
- We look it up together here
- How many gallons are in a cubic foot?
- We read about it here
It's pretty incredible. Try it. See what you come up with!
Pin It Now!